Christmas is only a few days away, can you believe it? If you’re like me, you haven’t finished your holiday shopping yet, or worse, you haven’t even started. I know the feeling.
Instead of heading to the mall and running around town like a crazy person, why not make your own magic and bake something from scratch for your loved ones? I think homemade gifts are the best kind of gifts. The time, effort and love that goes into crafting them makes them so much more valuable to me than any store-bought gift.
I’ve picked some of my favourite DIY edible gift ideas from a few of my blogger friends and included some of my own recipes too. Most of the recipes you will find here are healthier alternatives to overly sweet treats and use natural sweeteners, superfoods and whole grains and flours.
- Spiced Mix Nuts – Gather and Dine
- Almond Buckwheat Chocolate Brittle – The Green Life
- Winter Herbal Latte Mixes – Wholehearted Eats
- Apple Vanilla Compote (French) – Christelle is Flabbergasting
- Chocolate Bark, Three Ways – Dolly and Oatmeal
- Maple Pecan Bark + Cranberries, Orange Zest & Black Pepper – The Kitchen McCabe
- Chocolate Gingerbread Granola (+ Free Printable Gift Tags) – The Green Life
- Vegan Biscotti, Two Ways – The Green Life
- Miso Sesame Shortbread Cookies (GF) – What’s Cooking Good Looking
- Salted Chocolate Truffles – Oh, Ladycakes
- Homemade Vanilla Extract – Trois Fois Par Jour
- Coconut Macadamia Biscotti – Faring Well
- Bohemian Dream Gift Granola – Will Frolic For Food
- Infused Syrup Gift Jars – My New Roots
- Raw Eggnog Bliss Balls – The Green Life
- Cookie Mix – Oh, Ladycakes
- Vegan + Gluten-Free Holiday Citrus Shortbread – The Full Helping
- Instant Chai Hot Chocolate Mix – Vidya Living
And while you’re at it, take a moment to read this much needed quick Holiday Pep Talk read.
Happy Holidays dear readers. I hope it’s filled with tons of fabulous food and magical moments shared with the ones you love. Sending you all my love and light. xx